I’m excited to announce that my book, The Original Simple Mom’s Idea Book: Hints and Hacks for Home and Family, was just released. (This book was first released in 2007 as The Simple Mom’s Idea Book, but I revised the title to avoid confusion).
If you missed getting your copy the first time around, I’m pleased to tell you that it’s available once again!
You can order the new edition online from Amazon.com at:
Soon available in digital Kindle format, too!
- Simplifying Phone Calls
- Saving on Home Heating Costs
- Keeping Your Summer Organized
- Simplifying Party Planning
- Valentine’s Day on a Shoestring
- Frugal Easter Basket Ideas
- Teacher Appreciation Ideas
- Successful New Year’s Resolutions
- Friendship Bags
- Family Entertainment on a Budget
- Frugal Family Field Trip Ideas
- 200+ Summertime Fun Ideas for Kids
Kitchen & Cooking Ideas
- Emergency Cooking Substitutions
- Vegetable “Hide-and-Sneak”
- Building a Better Burger
- Healthy and Inexpensive Meat Substitute
- Beating the Breakfast Rush Hour
- The Joys of Crockery Cooking
- Setting Simple Exercise Goals
- Avoiding Mosquito Bites
- “Shoo Fly! Don’t Bother Me!”
- Striving for Balance … One Habit at a Time
Grocery Savings Ideas
- Using Up Leftovers
- Crisis Meal Planning
- Low-Budget Meal Planning
- Winning the Grocery Game
- Simple Ways to Save on Groceries
- Super Simple, Super Cheap Recipes
While starting life as a new wife and then mom to three children, Deborah Taylor-Hough always wished for a personal mentor. Someone who could take her under their wing and show her the ropes of being a stay-at-home mom, live on a single income, survive in a tough economy, educate her three lively kids, and raise children who grew to be successful adults with character and integrity. Deborah’s own mother had experienced several strokes which left her unavailable to offer generational family advice.
Well, that mentor Debi had hoped and prayed for never appeared.
Not to be deterred, Debi kept plugging away. She also kept notes as she went about her day-to-day life, convinced that someday she may have opportunity to be that mentor she’d always longed for in her own life; a friendly guiding hand for someone else just starting out a similar life path. Following her husband’s diagnosis with a rare degenerative brain disorder, she also learned firsthand about the special challenges of single parenting.
Now that all three of her children are grown, Debi’s beginning to see the fruit of her labors over the years; a loving family with kiddos who truly have grown into wonderful young adults. And she even learned a thing or two about cooking and cleaning along the way.
The Original Simple Mom’s Idea Book contains tips and suggestions for everything from cooking, saving money, celebrating the holidays, and just generally raising a family.
So if you’ve been looking for some simple ideas for life and homemaking … from someone who’s been around the block more than once or twice … look no further.
Have no fear, the Original Simple Mom is here!