Whenever I make these cookies, I always find myself eating way too many at once. They’re a bit like those potato chips in the commercials … no one can eat just one.
Debi’s Lemon Squares
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (not margarine)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- powdered sugar for sprinkling over top
- Combine 1 cup flour, powdered sugar, and butter to form a dough.
- Press into a 9×9-inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, lemon juice, sugar, 2 Tbsp flour, and baking powder.
- Pour lemon/egg mixture over the baked crust. Spread evenly.
- Return to oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and allow to cool.
- Cut into squares.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Deborah Taylor-Hough is the mother of three grown and nearly grown kids still at home, a full-time college student, a displaced homemaker trying to make ends meet on a limited budget, and the author of several older (but still in print) books including the popular Frozen Assets cookbook series. You can visit Debi online at: http://www.theSimpleMom.com
Browse My Books:
Easy link for Amazon Shoppers